Sock Size Guide
We are proud to offer many sizes of fun socks for men, women and kids, and we understand that sizing can get a little confusing sometimes! Much like with shoes and other clothing, sizes can vary somewhat between brands. Use this handy guide to better understand the different sock sizes available.
Fun fact: Have you ever wondered what the 9-11 or 10-13 means on women's and men's socks? These numbers represent how many inches long your foot is, rather than your shoe size!
For more information on sizes, please check the descriptions on our website of each sock style you are interested in. We make an effort to include the corresponding shoe sizes as designated by the brand, although you should keep in mind that sizing can vary between different socks brands.
Women's Sock Sizes
A standard women's sock size is usually presented on sock packaging as "Size 9-11." This usually translates to a women's U.S. shoe size 5-10 (European 36-41, UK 3-8).
Men's Sock Sizes
A standard men's sock size is usually presented on sock packaging as "Size 10-13." This usually translates to a men's U.S. shoe size 8-12.5 (European 42-46, UK 7-12).
Large Socks for Men & Women
If you have larger feet than the standard sizes above, we’ve got you covered:
- Men: For men who wear shoes bigger than size 12.5, we have a special collection of XL socks. These bigger socks are just as fun and funky as any we offer. No more plain white socks just because you have big feet!
- Women: For women who wear shoes bigger than size 10, we recommend you try our men’s socks. There is no difference in design between our men’s and women’s socks; men’s are simply for a larger foot. Many of our most popular styles are available in both a men’s and women’s version.
Wide Calf Knee High Socks
What about women who have larger calves? Our knee high socks are among our most popular, but customers with larger or more muscular calves are often concerned that the pattern will be stretched and distorted.
Our special collection of wide calf knee highs is the solution! While standard knee high socks can fit around a calf circumference up to about 18 inches (45 cm), these wide calf socks fit up to about 21 inches (53 cm).
Also, keep in mind that even if we don’t offer a wide calf version of a certain knee high style, it may still work for you if it has a relatively simple pattern. The simpler the pattern, the stretchier the sock. This is because complicated patterns may have many panels of different colored threads stitched together, like a quilt, which can limit stretching.
If you have any questions about which styles may suit your needs, we’re happy to make recommendations. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many people simply do not like the feeling of a tight band at their ankle, even though this is often necessary to keep a sock from sagging. The best option for a comfortable, nonbinding sock that won't sag is comfort-top socks. They are elasticized throughout the sock, which means they do not require a band at the top.
Kids' Sock Sizes
All parents and caregivers know that kids’ sizes are beyond confusing, and there’s no exception with socks! Every brand has different distinctions, such as small and large, youth and junior. Plus, we all know every child grows at a different rate. That’s why we do our best to make the shopping process easy on you.
In our menu, under Kids, you’ll find socks arranged two ways: by age and by shoe size. If you know the age or shoe size of the little one you’re shopping for, simply select it, and you’ll see all of our cute socks from different brands that should fit that child.
Our best recommendation when shopping for kids’ socks is to find out what size shoe the child wears. Then you can find the right sock size from there.
Here are some additional tips:
- Baby socks are for newborns up to about 1 year old. Keep in mind how fast these little munchkins are growing and changing! When in doubt, go bigger, allowing the baby to grow into the sock. When the baby outgrows the socks, they make awesome holiday decorations, change purses, pet socks and more!
- Toddler socks are for little ones about 1 to 2 years old who wear toddler shoe sizes 4 to 6. If the toddler you’re shopping for is a fast grower, then go ahead and move into the kids' sizes 7 and up.
- Little kids' socks are for children about 3 to 6 years old who wear kids’ shoe sizes 7 to 13.
- Big kids' socks are for kids about 7 to 10 years old who wear “big kids’ shoes,” size 1 to 5. By about age 10, most kids can fit into a standard women’s sock. If the big kids you have in mind are tall or have rather large feet for their age, then just skip right to women's socks, which have a larger selection.