Retail Sales Associate
The Sock Drawer is seeking a friendly, enthusiastic Part-Time Retail Sales Associate. This is a permanent position for work during weekdays and weekends year-round in our downtown retail store. We are interested in huge sock fans who love working with customers and finding them their perfect pair of socks!
What You’ll Need in Order to Succeed:
- High School diploma/GED required
- 1+ years retail sales experience preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work unsupervised
- Positive attitude and team player
- Capable of interpreting customer’s words and showing them products that meet their needs
- Basic addition and subtraction skills
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
Our Ideal Candidate Will:
- Provide consistently excellent customer service
- Be proactive and always make good use of work time.
- Handle all aspects of service: helping to find socks, offering suggestions, ringing up orders, taking payment, bagging/gift wrapping orders, merchandising to keep socks stocked and accessible.
- Build rapport with our sock community through conversation and honest recommendations
- Receive and re-stock merchandise
- Keep the store and the stockroom neat and tidy
- Must be available 5-7 days a week, including weekends, but will be scheduled 3-5 days (12-24 hours). Must have flexibility to work more hours during peak holiday weeks in November and December. All staff is required to be available November 1 - December 24, due to the nature of our business.
- Other duties assigned by supervisors
Sock Drawer Perks:
- Company Culture built on respect, trust, and compassion.
- Very competitive hourly wage
- 40% off full-price items in the retail shop and online for your personal use.
- Free coffee and healthy snacks.
- Paid sick time (3 days).
- Free parking validation stamps, so you don’t have to search for parking.
- Two free pairs of socks each month to wear in the shop and beyond!
Please submit a resume and answers to the following questions:
- What interests you in working for The Sock Drawer?
- What are your three favorite socks on our website?
- Describe a work environment and team dynamic that brings out your best performance?