Retail Sales Associate
The Sock Drawer is seeking a friendly, enthusiastic Part-Time (or 30 hour/week Full-Time for the right candidate) Retail Sales Associate. This is a permanent position for work during weekday mornings/middays and weekends in our downtown retail store. We are interested in huge sock fans who love working with customers!
What you’ll need in order to succeed
- High School diploma/GED required
- 1+ years retail sales experience preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work unsupervised
- Positive attitude and team player
- Capable of interpreting customer’s words and showing them products that meet their needs
- Basic addition and subtraction skills
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
Our Ideal Candidate Will
- Provide consistently excellent customer service
- Be proactive and always make good use of work time.
- Handle all aspects of service: helping to find socks, offering suggestions, ringing up orders, taking payment, bagging/gift wrapping orders, merchandising to keep socks stocked and accessible.
- Build rapport with our sock community through conversation and honest recommendations
- Receive and re-stock merchandise
- Keep the store and the stockroom neat and tidy
- Must be available 5-7 days a week, including weekends, but will be scheduled 3-5 days (15-30 hours). Must have flexibility to work more hours during peak holiday weeks in November and December. All staff is required to be available November 1 - December 23
- Other duties assigned by supervisors
Competitive hourly wage, sock discount, and parking subsidy.
Please submit a resume and answers to the following questions:
- What interests you in working for The Sock Drawer?
- What are your three favorite socks on our website?
- Describe a work environment and team dynamic that brings out your best performance?