While we might wish we lived in a world where getting the chance to enjoy the summer sunshine didn’t involve being forced to endure the blistering heat, that will never be our reality. If we want to get out and get cute for summer, we’ll probably always have to be prepared for the hazy, humid weather that comes along with the season.
Thankfully, summer fashions have evolved to help us stay cool and comfortable even when the temperature soars, and us sock fairies love that shorter hemlines give us the chance to show off all the different types of socks we keep in our collections!
Say Hi to Summertime with Cute Floral Socks!
If you’ve ever wondered how to match socks with your summer outfit or why you’d even want to wear socks in the summer to begin with, read on and we’ll tell ya!
Socks in the Summer
It might seem counterintuitive to put on an extra layer when you’re overheating to begin with, but a pair of socks can actually help you keep cool while avoiding blisters. (Yes, really!) APMA advice on sweaty feet is to wear wicking socks to help keep your feet dry and comfortable throughout the day. Keeping your bare, sockless feet contained in a pair of musty shoes all day is a recipe for stinkiness. If you haven’t experienced this firsthand, consider yourself lucky!
Browse Our Collection of Fun Summer Socks
Thanks to the shorter cuts and brighter colors worn during the summertime, there isn’t a better season to get creative with how you style your socks to match your outfits.
Here are some outfit ideas to inspire your summer looks:
- If you’re feeling bold, now’s as good a time as ever to try the socks-with-sandals trend. The key to shoobie style that actually looks cool is to stick with a pair of slide sandals instead of flip flops. Creating a crease in your socks by lodging a piece of plastic between your toes can’t be too comfortable, anyway!
- On days when the temperature isn’t scalding hot, experiment with fun knee high socks to bring out your bold side. Whether you pick a pair with fun sayings or a bright print or pattern, you’re sure to capture some attention! You can style a pair like this with shorts and sneakers or even a flirty skirt to give it a little bit more of a sporty edge.
- While many people might automatically reach for a pair of sandals when they’re about to leave the door in a maxi dress, there’s something that’s just so fun about putting on some printed sneakers instead. If you’re wearing a solid colored dress, mix and match the pattern of your socks to the sneakers to make a statement with your look.
- Floral socks are fun and the perfect print choice for the summertime. After all, there are so many pretty summer blooms and it’s sweet to dress in a way that matches the season. A simple white t-shirt and pair of short shorts won’t take the attention away from your adorable summer sock choice.
- For those of us with a more understated style, there are still ways you can make summer socks work. Keep your outfit and shoe choices neutral, cut back other accessories and let your socks be a simple statement piece.
When you’re picking out the different types of socks you want to style with your summer outfits, be especially mindful of the fabric and colors. While you might want to snuggle up in a pair of thick, knit socks during the winter months, you’d probably regret choosing a pair like that for a summer day at the boardwalk. Similarly, colors like deep navy and stark black might leave you feeling the heat in a not-so-good kind of way.
Happy Feet, Happy Days
It turns out that the effect of clothing selection on self-consciousness is pretty clear: Our moods can have an impact on how we dress. While more than a few of us were feeling a little blue throughout quarantine, it’s great news that the sunnier days of summer are on the optimistic horizon. Hopefully this gives us some welcome creativity to dress for the bright and cheery season with a smile!Shop Now!