These days, lots of us are cooped up at home more than we’d like to be thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic. But we are all about finding moments of joy, humor and comfort wherever we can, even in tough times. Scratch that — especially in tough times! A day spent lounging around the house most definitely deserves a pair of fun, cozy socks to match!
Keep your toes covered and comfortable in these cute styles, hand-selected by your favorite sock fairies (*wink wink*).
Socks with a Sense of Humor
We could all use a laugh right now, huh? Funny socks are our specialty. From silly sayings to unique pattern mashups, you can get super creative with your loungewear style!
- Embrace your inner introvert with a pair of socks that keeps the visitors away.
- Chuckle a bit every time you look down at your feet while wearing a pair of socks with bears lifting barbells, perfect penguin families or even little lumberjack prints.
- Get your coffee fix with a pair of socks inspired by your passion.
There are so many different sayings, prints and patterns for socks; choose the ones that speak to you most.
Imagine yourself lounging on the couch, listening to a great podcast, cozy socks on and a cup of warm tea in your hand. How relaxing!
Knee High Socks
Knee high socks take the cozy factor to new heights! They’re the perfect way for anyone to add some personality and pizzazz to their indoor look with bold, bright styles.
- Long socks allow for so much more room to show off fun patterns! Style a colorful pair with lounge shorts and a t-shirt for an easy outfit that’s both cozy and cute.
- Pull a pair on over plain black leggings for a dancer-inspired look, no ballet bun required!
- Hang around in something super fun and flirty — pairing your socks with a t-shirt dress gives off a majorly cool vibe.
If you’re looking for styles that keep you fully covered and leave the biggest canvas for creative expression, these socks could be your new go-to favorites.
Whether you’re recovering from a workout or just generally looking to boost your circulation, compression socks nowadays are both fashionable and functional.
You don’t need to have been on your feet all day to reap the benefits of these types of socks. They’re made in a way that helps oxygen flow through the arteries more easily and deoxygenated blood to flow back to the heart more quickly, which improves circulation. The faster the oxygenated blood pumps throughout the body, the quicker it gets the nourishment it needs to keep going.
That’s why compression socks are often credited with helping their wearers to:
- Reduce fatigue
- Minimize swelling
- Support muscle recovery in the legs
While older styles of compression footwear were very limited in terms of both availability and style, there are now so many unique options to choose from! Check out our women’s knee high selection which are as cute as they are comfy.
What would a roundup of the best socks for lounging even be without including cozy socks?! With every passing year, it becomes easier and easier to understand why grandma always gave you socks for Christmas growing up; there’s something about snuggling up in a pair of warm and toasty socks that really makes you appreciate the little things.
- Warm colors and prints with forest animals are a big trend right now, in part because they can make you feel cozy and happy just by looking at them. Bring a little whimsy to a sweatsuit or a nightgown with an adorable fox face or fuzzy bear.
- Winter socks don’t have to be just for when it’s chilly out. In fact, a little holiday cheer can help bring a smile to your face at any time of year! If you’re home in the air conditioning, why not turn on a Christmas movie, whip up some cocoa and snuggle up in a cozy pair of reindeer socks?
- Socks with luxe fabrics, like wool and cashmere blends, add to the coziness of a loungewear look. They offer just the right amount of extra warmth, without too much bulkiness.
Styling Your Socks
Let’s face it, the outfits you wear for lounging around the house aren’t the same as what you’d wear down the runway, and that’s OK! Make comfort your priority with socks that are both fun and adorable, but most importantly, keep your feet warm and toasty. Kick back, relax, listen to some great music, light a candle and get ready to lounge around. Enjoy the little things and your time spent at home.